Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Bourne Interest

So, I finally got around to seeing "The Bourne Ultimatum", being a big fan of the series and not being able to see it in theaters since the one person who I use to go to the movies with often has moved on to....bigger and better things. I thought, like the film critics who were probably paid off to say this and have it printed on the back of the DVD box, that it was one of the best action films I've ever seen. One of the best action franchises I've seen, actually.

I thought Matt Damon did a great job as Bourne, David Strathairn did a great job as a destructive, pompous asshole, Joan Allen was a convincing voice of reason, and the story and plot twists were intriguing and thrilling. It was a great blend of action, drama and intelligence (I feel compelled to mention the last one since action movies next-to-never come with this).

I was so captivated by the story that I've decided to start reading the Ludlum books as well. I don't usually do big names like Ludlum, Clancy, Tom Bell or Stephen King because......well.....they suck. I'm also not sure about reading the Eric Van Lustbader books, which start after the third Bourne story, because they've received negative criticism. But I guess I'll just see how things go.

Anyway, when I put the DVD into the XBox 360 and played it, one of the coming attractions was a trailer for "The Bourne Conspiracy", an upcoming title for the XBox 360 and Playstation 3. Usually, games based off of films and T.V. shows are about as fun as brain surgery. But this one looked to have sharp graphics and good gameplay. Of course, I could just be intrigued by the graphics, and upon buying and playing the game, will find out that I would've rather spent my $60 on 7 lbs. of salmon, but it almost seems like the developers actually cared about gamers' interest. Analyze for yourself.






2 comments:

  1. I am a big fan of the Bourne movies as well...I have not seen the third one but I plan on seeing it...eventually.

    The books are pretty good. I read the first two and stopped in the middle of the third. The first one is, by far, the best. I definitely recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Disturbed OneMarch 26, 2008 at 1:03 AM

    I seen the last one in the theatre about 3 days after it released. I loved the first. I wasnt too into this one (I think because I was at the theatre for so long, I watched stardust tight before it)

    Matt Damon is one of my baby daddies.

    The game looks BANGIN. I dont know if its the way they did the commercial or what... but I would play.. definitely.

    ReplyDelete

What's your beef, sports fan?