Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Days.......

Ah, the days pass by almost in continuous blur, which is not good at all. Wrinkles, osteoporosis, flying cars and a dystopian world show up much faster that way.

Still waiting for Bush to get out of office, for people to come to their senses about the warmongering hatebreed known as John McCain, and for Barack Obama to come in to the oval office. He'll have a ****load of things to pick up and repair, such as the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, our depleting fuel sources and some alternative choices, as well as damaged foreign relations, which, supposedly, his team of advisors will substantially help to fix.

I've been spending most of my time playing Grand Theft Auto 4 for the XBox 360. Currently at a little over 40% total game completion. I'm almost inspired to play a little more, since some guy at my job wants to beat the game before I do. But that would involve taking the energy and time out of doing other things, like sitting here and writing about playing the game more often to complete it before him.

In labor news, I was yelled at for playing dominoes on the job the other day. Or I should say, it wasn't the fact that I was playing dominoes, it was that I did it all day and only made one sale on the selling floor. The stupid female manager came to this conclusion because she had not seen me on the floor for the most part, and so was inspired to see how I did in sales by looking through the receipts.

It couldn't be that she hasn't seen me because she spends 7 out of the 8-hour-workday on her computer looking struggling to read 2-3 simple e-mails? Or that she just generally doesn't know what the hell is going on in life half of the time?

Well, she was partially right, I was downstairs for most of the time playing dominoes. And I only had one sale because after that point, I ran out of the patience that kept me from drop-kicking Cynthia [Laura]. But even then, the way she came to her conclusion was narrow-minded and incorrect.

When she did see me playing dominoes downstairs, she didn't know my situation. I could've been on my break. She had no idea how long I'd been downstairs and how long I had been working somewhere out of her vision. I don't have to run myself in front of her eyes to ensure her I'm on the floor working. If I'm working, I'm working, that's it.

I should probably be worried about losing my job, since U.S. economy is so low that we're probably on par with a small village in Paraguay, and 10 people were just cut from my job a couple of weeks ago. But I'm just tired..........tired........

Ah, daily life.

3 comments:

  1. Don't Feed The PixiesMay 19, 2008 at 3:43 AM

    Over here looking busy at work is more important than actually doing anything - never mind the fact that it takes more work to have a clear desk, if you have a full desk everyone assumes you are busy. Always carry important looking notes with you - it makes you look purposeful. The woman in question had probably spent all day playing patience on her PC.

    Some managers think the key to successful staff relations is to shout and throw their weight about - they are really, really wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Clandestine SamuraiMay 19, 2008 at 8:41 AM

    Yes, they are. Especially when it becomes obvious that they're yelling at you over nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe that Obama will do a lot for your country as well. He is well needed. As my peace and development-teacher says: "Obama is the only hope for US..."

    The manager at your job seems to be really unfair. Hehe, here is a tip: http://www.wikihow.com/Look-Busy-at-Work-Without-Really-Working (It's about how you should do to look busy at your job, without working. Lol)

    ReplyDelete

What's your beef, sports fan?