Sunday, June 8, 2008

Analyze This.


I had a dream. Not the MLK Jr. kind, but something more abstract and less ideal.

It starts with me being in the center stage of a circular auditorium-like place. It seemed smaller than the size you'd see in "Gladiator" or "Ben Hur", but....just as big? Any kind of mathematic measurement is subject to distortion in these visions.

The seats all around me were filled with what looked young adults, in winter coats, down jackets and wool hats. The thing is, it was only after seeing them dressed that way that I realized I was cold. I was standing in muddy, icy waters up to my knees. Did one make the other appear?

Anyway, I was standing behind store registers (yes, in the muddy waters) at a counter, and in addition to a crowded seating area, there was a mob of people all talking, and meshing amongst each other in front of the counter to buy I-don't-know-what.

It was dusk with a purple sky stretching from a light to a darker tone when I noticed the sky.

But then it was instantly night.

Then a cloudy day.

Then, suddenly, everyone was running and screaming up and over the top rows and out of the auditorium.

I followed, and above was now a clear, sky-piercing sun with summer heat.

I was in between two townhouses in a cluster of them, and there was sight of remnants of the auditorium people still scattering away in a section of the area where I live. I turned my head a couple of degrees, and seen Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold standing there, one of which was holding someone up by their collar and putting a bullet in and out of their temples with a submachine gun.

As the body fell to the floor limp, I looked at them. They stood together and looked at me. Then I woke up.

According to Jung, the logic of dreams is nothing like the causal strings of real life. D does not happen because C does not happen because B, so on and so forth. Rather, it is the subsconscious trying to talk to you, but taking images from your conscious mind and using them for its own meanings.

The changing of day and night may have absolutely nothing to do with time, registers nothing to do with sales, Eric and Dylan nothing to do with a bully-inspired violent rampage. But then, are there reasons why the subconscious chose those images instead of others? Perhaps I should just complete the book and answer my own questions.

5 comments:

  1. I had a dream that everyone in the world had multiple kneecaps all over their legs so that everyone wobbled around terribly when they tried to walk.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You remember that dream really vividly. I can hold on to my dreams too, but most other people I know forget their dreams right away.

    I don't really agree with Jung. Most of my dreams are quite real. It's like living a day in my life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Princess PointfulJune 10, 2008 at 3:30 AM

    Phew. That is heavy. I still remember very vividly the first dream in which I actually died-- even though it was probably 10-15 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't Feed The PixiesJune 10, 2008 at 4:50 AM

    I dreamt that there were spies and criminals hiding in the roof of my old school and that i had to run home to avoid them - only when i got there a popular BBC Radio presenter had moved my house for a practical joke. Wonder what Freud would make of that one?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Clandestine, if you're *really* interested, I can look up all the symbols in my dream book and let you know what they mean? My dreams are the opposite of Don't Feed the Pixies ... I'm the spy and criminal hiding all the time ... except no one really knows I'm good -- the authorities just THINK I'm bad.

    ReplyDelete

What's your beef, sports fan?