Wednesday, July 23, 2008

"Why so serious?"

Mmmmmk. Pretty simple.

This movie gets 15 out of 10 stars. And yes, I know my math well.

Christian Bale's Batman was good, but was completely overshadowed by Aaron Eckhart's Harvey Dent, Gary Oldman's Commission Gordon, and of course Ledger's The Joker.

At the rate of this kind of script writing and directing, Christopher Nolan, who's been my favorite director (next to David Fincher), will in due time replace Spielberg as the national household name. See The Prestige. See Insomnia. See Memento, which is what really put him on the map.

The film went on a lot longer than I thought it would, but it was still the best thing this year so far. I wouldn't even bother watching other comic book movies. For every one that comes out, I might as well just go watch this one over again.
Now, here's the thing: I was wondering if Batman's partner's sequel will top his, and I began to look for a picture of him until I stumbled upon this rumored film:

This was supposed to be filmed by Wolfgang Peterson (Troy, The Perfect Storm) a long time ago, but the project was cancelled. A theory says this is the left over poster from the project, but both Brandon Routh and Christian Bale were cast in their respective parts after the project was cancelled. So perhaps it's been renewed. Or maybe someone online photoshopped this. Your thoughts, or inside info if you have it.

5 comments:

  1. I think it's just a hopeful rumour. Last I heard, future Superman projects have been put onto the back burner to make way for other superhero movie projects, most notable the Justice League and The Ultimate Avengers. They're trying to barrel through as many Origins movies before going ahead with the group-hero movies so that those group movies aren't bogged down with too many origins storylines.

    Batman was great, but it did seem to go on longer than I thought it would. I think I need a second viewing to completely take in the movie plot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't Feed The PixiesJuly 24, 2008 at 4:33 AM

    My favourite heroes rumour is from a few years ago - where there was talk of making a film of The Dark Knight Returns, starring Clint Eastwood as an ageing Batman.

    Of course Batman fights Superman in that - and with the latest film being called The Dark Knight we can still hope.

    Shame Terry Gilliam was never given the chance to make Watchmen that's all i can say - now there would be a film and a half

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't Feed The PixiesJuly 24, 2008 at 9:25 AM

    Oh - and sorry to burst the bubble, but this looks like a composite image

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the movie like you wouldn't believe, but I could not stop looking a CB's lips. It seemed to me that every time he was Batman they would zoom in on his perfect lips lol, I have a one track mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the movie like you wouldn't believe, but I could not stop looking a CB's lips. It seemed to me that every time he was Batman they would zoom in on his perfect lips lol, I have a one track mind.

    ReplyDelete

What's your beef, sports fan?