Friday, September 19, 2008

Gaming Attractions

So.........it's been a little while since I've spoken on what's going on in the gaming world. Mainly because I've been pissed that these waves of idiots are actually falling for and following this monstrous tumor of a potential vice president named Sarah Palin. Also because of idiocy at my job, researching and trying to finish a short story, and just being generally tired (as you can see from me not posting as regularly as I used to). However, there are two games whose releases I particularly have my eye on in the upcoming months.

This one is called Legendary, a first person shooter and potential "BioShock" killer based on a world being destroyed by a corporation who owns and unleashes the monsters in Pandora's Box. Destructible environments, vast array of enemies and smart, realistic A.I. Looks to be a new big-budget hit for Microsoft.







This next one is Bionic Commando, a sequel to the 8-bit version that came out on Nintendo years ago. This third-person sandbox title follows a government operative who, after being betrayed by the government, imprisoned, and put through a nuclear blast, takes his bionic arm (hence the title) and works to get to the bottom of what's going on. Looks like a pretty open and detailed world. But as I've said before on a previous blog, I hope the controls can convey the free-moving and acrobatics properly. For promotion, a game called "Bionic Commando Rearmed", which is the old side-scrolling game with a hefty face and gameplay-lift, was released a little while back. This trailer effectively shows the evolution in between all three.







Good stuff.

3 comments:

  1. Don't Feed The PixiesSeptember 21, 2008 at 5:36 AM

    I can't remember the last game i bought - they're so expensive. There'd have to be more than running round and shooting things though for me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Clandestine SamuraiSeptember 21, 2008 at 7:23 AM

    Games nowadays have much, Much more than running around and shooting things. They've become full expressions of thought and art. You should try one, at a friend's house or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If ever you will be looking for cheat codes, you should check out cheatfreak.com

    ReplyDelete

What's your beef, sports fan?