Thursday, November 6, 2008

Jenny's Book Meme

Ok, I totally promised Jenny Bah that I'd do this book meme after she tagged me with it, but I've been lazy with it, as well as tired and tied up with nanowrimo and job hunting and crying because I'm worthless. So here it goes.

Here are the rules: Grab the nearest book. Open the book to page 56. Find the fifth sentence. Post the text of the next two to five sentences in your journal/blog along with these instructions. Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual one: pick the CLOSEST. Tag five other people to do the same.

Here's what I picked: " 'Go away, little girl,' shouted the D.H.C. angrily. 'Go away, little boy! Can't you see that his fordship's busy? Go and do your erotic play somewhere else.'
'Suffer little children,' said the Controller.

Slowly, majestically, with a faint humming of machinery, the Conveyors moved forward, thirty-three centimetres an hour. In the red darkness glinted innumerable rubies."

"Brave New World" by Alduous Huxley.

For this meme I would like to tag: everyone who reads it.

2 comments:

  1. Don't Feed The PixiesNovember 7, 2008 at 8:58 AM

    I've always meant to read BNW - i will definately do so, but as i have already posted a similar thing myself i will not be moving this on again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh! No fair! I'm in my office and the closest book is the "Motivating Volunteers" manual.

    Cripes. Maybe I should try this later when I'm at home. Oh, who am I kidding, there aren't any real books there, either.

    ReplyDelete

What's your beef, sports fan?