Monday, December 1, 2008

Bah.

"Together we made it! We made it even though we had our backs up against the wall!" 10 pts. if you can tell me which song this is from.

Ah, fresh from crossing the finishing line in NaNoWriMo, I am much more rejuvenated to attend to my blog and your blogs. With that said, I must also confront the excuses as to why I had stopped tending to these respective blogs as much as I did before.

For one, when I want to post something on my blog I usually try to have it as structured as I can before approaching the keyboard. The blog is about the dynamics of life, and since this entails just writing about whatever occurs to me to write, I thought that it was important to have some structural order in the ideas I put forth, so that these dynamics in their individuals natures and relations could be comprehensible by whoever takes the time to read. The thing is, I'd come up with stuff but wouldn't post it because I didn't feel that it was expression ready. I'd put the thoughts down in my special Ernest Hemingway/Bruce Chatwin/caught-by-Barnes-and-Noble-marketing-to-wannabe-writers notebook and never get around to organizing them, whether it be from laziness or that tiresome/repulsive feeling you get from being too blog-involved for periods of time. However, I think NaNoWriMo has taught me that it'd be better if I were a bit more loose with writing. A bit more, not completely.

For two, NaNo started on November 1st. And after that point, everytime I came, with piping hot mug of coffee, to my keyboard, I'd consider writing these things I had planned for the blog but then say to myself "I could be using this time to add words to my novel", and I'd just go and do that instead. I'd kick myself for missing out on reading you guys' blogs, but could only rarely find time to do so in between writing the novel, going to work, then coming home and struggling to keep from slicing my wrists after remembering that I have to go back into that stupid job the next day.

But alas, NaNo is done and I'm back here with a new mug of caffeine, refreshed, renewed, still depressed, and still without having seen "Quantum of Solace" or read "Twilight". Although, I will get to that book after finishing "V For Vendetta" and "Watchmen" (only because he is one of the GREATEST writers of all time. Those who prefer Frank Miller should throw themselves off the edge of the Earth, which Miller probably still believes is flat). At any rate, I will write the things I had planned on writing, like, a month ago, and then normal blog service will resume.

Be well in your travels, and Thank You For Smoking.

6 comments:

  1. This Brazen TeacherDecember 1, 2008 at 2:12 PM

    Busta Bus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love if you would post your work in progress, then we could all pitch in and give you some feedback. It would be like shooting two birds with one stone.
    Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't Feed The PixiesDecember 2, 2008 at 8:27 AM

    Never heard of this competition before - but wish you all success.

    I find blogging a good outlet for getting me thinking creatively - so although my novel has stalled at present i'm keeping my brain active.

    PS: Save your money - Quantum of Solace is terrible

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been feeling the same way lately. Plenty of things to blog about, but how to organize it into something worth reading - for me at least. I retracted the blog I had written about Sylar because after looking at your comment I realized it read more like an in-depth narration of transpired events than it sounded like character analysis. I plan to work on it and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first time I got here, I know your blog is well thought of. I like them so much...enjoy them and I learned a lot. I also don't mind reading work in progress stuff and other random things, just blog your way...and let me read and be with you!

    Thanks for the comment, needed that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, how did NanoWriMo go?

    I read twilight. and all four books. I read it so that I could see what the hype was about.

    Sigh.

    I think sometimes it's really about luck and timing rather than talent. HA - no, I KNOW that.

    ReplyDelete

What's your beef, sports fan?